Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Drawings from my Bottle Garden


Nature does not hurry. Yet everything is accomplished.
                                                        ~ Lao Tzu


                        with practise!              
 __________________________________________________

So the quote above is my new mantra for this year. It is a reminder about a fact that I have learnt with time and it is true about my skills in drawing. You do it long enough without biting off more than you can chew and you will go through stages until you get to a place that surprises you.


The points here are going to be something I will be referring to time and again. Hope they will be useful to you too.




7 comments:

Maya Sara Matthew said...

Have to make a note of the secrets of the self employed and refer to them from time to time.thanks for sharing

Maya Sara Matthew said...

Nice drawings.

Priya Sebastian said...

Thanks Emby. And you are welcome :)

GB said...

Love these drawings Priya!!! I'd add one more to the list for self employed---dress for the job---don't loll about in your pajamas all day--it really kills motivation. shower, put on that perfume/kajal--whatever makes you feel pretty! (I learnt this the long, hard way! :) )

Have a wonderful 2011.

Priya Sebastian said...

Oh yes! I learnt that along the way too! However when working with charcoal, I realized that old t-shirt and apron works better :D
But thanks for the reminder. Let me add that.

Owen said...

That is a simply fabulous quote from Lao Tzu, which I'd not come across before... how perfectly true... why are we humans so easily misled into hurrying along ? We should never have to hurry... it is perhaps the greatest illness of our age ?

Be well Priya, take your time...

Priya Sebastian said...

I have no other option but to do so Owen! :)