Saturday, July 23, 2011

*









Long ago I decided I wasn't a person who liked poetry too much because I couldn’t understand the strange jumble of words that was supposed to constitute poetry. But recently a couple of journalist friends of mine confessed that they too had the same problem. Poetry (at least most of what I come across) is rather like Contemporary Art, both have a bizarre mishmash of elements. I am glad I am an illustrator.
In case you are wondering what the *  this strange book with its cut up images is about, it is an illustration of what Poetry means to me.
Just sit there and stare and wonder what the heck is going on. Then go browse something else.


There are some poems I do like very much though :)

3 comments:

ArtPropelled said...

Visual poetry.

Aravinda said...

Hey Priya, I loved 'reading' your poem backwards. The word gave it a nice little lift at the end!

Priya Sebastian said...

I did that after reading your comment. I think I like it a lot better that way! Thanks :)