Tuesday, August 30, 2011

*

Red Leaf .  Pastel on paper.  14.5x10.5cms. 
                                            

"what are you going to do with your life? In one way or another it seemed that people had been asking her this forever; teachers, her parents, friends at 3 in the mornin', but the question had never seemed this pressing & still she was no nearer an answer......... 'live each day as if it's your last', that was the conventional advice, but really, who had the energy for that? What if it rained or you felt a bit glandy? It just was'nt practical. Better by far to be good & courageous & bold & to make difference. Not change the world exactly, but the bit around you. Cherish your friends, stay true to your principles, live passionately & fully and well. Experience new things. Love and be loved, if you ever get the chance." 
~ D Nicholls.

To this, I'd like to add 'eat well and spend less time on the internet'. And in the spirit of doing that, I'm off now to prepare lunch, draw more and take a big break from the net. See you later.
:-)



9 comments:

Perfect Witch said...

Read more. Say hello to friends. Play (with your pets/your kids). Watch a funny movie.

Priya Sebastian said...

Thumbs Up to that.
:-)

Rima Staines said...

Absolutely :)
And that background looks gold - with its combination of green and yellow and dark... :)

Owen said...

Love the pastel, and love the quote, so I love this post entirely... and good for you to take a break from the net, this staring at screens cannot be good for our eyes...

But really, this pastel is bold and powerful and yet simple to behold, it captured my full attention... really gorgeous... maybe one of the loveliest pieces I've seen yet here, and that is not easy to say, as I find so much of what you do lovely...

and I like the part that says, "price on request", which makes me think of that saying, if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it... guess I'll have to settle for looking at it here. But I could look at this one for a long time...

Priya Sebastian said...

Thank you for liking my Red Leaf Owen :-) I am glad you do.

The 'price on request' is not to shock viewers at how affordable my art is. Got that line from Vogue India and thought 'I MUST try it out on my blog!'.

You know about the shops in Ticino don't you, where there are no prices written at all! It is assumed that if you walk into one of them you can afford all that is in them.

Owen said...

Ticino ? Is that in Switzerland ? Haven't ever heard of it or been there... but probably couldn't afford to anyway, if it's like you say. I think I'd prefer to just look at your leaf a little longer...

Speaking of red leaves, Karine just put a beauty in her blog banner, here :

http://karinefarjon.blogspot.com/

A good weekend of drawing to you...

Priya Sebastian said...

Yeah, Ticino dans Suisse a cote d'Italie. Il est tres beau. Il y a beaucoup soleil.
(pardon, je n'ai pas accents sur mon keyboard)

Karine's leaf is so lovely with the light behind it making it glow. Thanks for that :)

Gwen Buchanan said...

oh Priya, So, So Perfect!!!..
.. you certainly know what "IT" is all about!!!
I want to take this pastel and this quote and frame them... Just Love it!

CR Ing said...

Beautiful!