Wednesday, November 2, 2016

The Green Bathing Pond




My host told me that outside the cities, the people of Kerala still bathed in rivers and ponds. She told me about her great aunt who walked down a path from her house to bathe every morning in her own personal bathing pond. Seeing my wide-eyed enthrallment, arrangements were made to take me there, to see the ancestral home and the great aunt's beautiful bathing pond.


This was the best and most memorable experience of my visit to Kerala.  



All the chatter in your mind suddenly stops as your brain cells get taken over by green undergrowth.
And then the experience of bathing here which must be some sort of baptismal renewal every single morning.







Exhale...

And then I flew back to Banglur.


4 comments:

Whizkid said...

sigh! THAT pond :)

Nancy // and while we are here said...

This is so beautiful! These greens! Your drawing and your pictures of that ponds are really enchanting! Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures!
Reminds me of my hometown - although coastal karnataka is changing far more drastically than kerala.

RustyN

pRiyA said...

@Whizzkid: I know, I know...

@Nancy: It is my pleasure Nancy. I had to record this beauty not only that I could share it but revisit it as often as possible :-)

@RustyN: How I wish nothing would ever change in these places.